Dog Resuscitation and Artificial Respiration
- Feel for a heartbeat
- Open mouth and make sure the airway is clear of any
- If you have difficulty getting to the object perform the
Heimlich Maneuver, it actually does work on dogs too. .
If the air passage way is clear and the dog is
not breathing use a Mouth-to-Nose Resuscitation Method:
- Pull the tongue forward, close the mouth and seal the
lips with your hand.
- Place your mouth over the dog's nose and blow in steadily
for three seconds. You will see the chest expand, release to let the air come out.
- Continue until the heart beats on its own
Always get your pet to the veterinarian ASAP
KirbysNetwork.com 1995 - 2018